Fossee, a starting point for a vibrant cultural life in Lommel and Limburg, and further into the neighbouring provinces of Antwerp and Noord-Brabant (NL).
DISCOVER ORIGINAL MUSEUMS IN THE AREA
- Museum "De Kolonie": want to know more about Kolonie and Fossee? A fascinating story. VISIT
- The "Wateringhuis": Volunteers tell you about the unique way the heath landscapes were created, about the birds and the chalk-loving flora. VISIT
- The "Glazen Huis": White sand and glass, icons for Lommel, give a platform to art. VISIT
- The "Jakob Smits Museum" in Mol: the painter Jakob Smits and his contemporaries from the Molse School, a unique art collection. VISIT
- The "Van Abbemuseum" in Eindhoven: museum for modern and contemporary art, a fun combination with a day of shopping in the province capital of Noord-Brabant. VISIT
MONUMENTS AND HERITAGE NEARBY
- The German Military Cemetery in Lommel DISCOVER
- The Norbertine Abbey of Mol-Postel DISCOVER
- A trappist in the Achelse Kluis DISCOVER
- Klankenbos in Neerpelt, a unique collection of sound art in the open air for young and old. DISCOVER
- BE-Mine in Beringen, industrial archaeology and contemporary experience DISCOVER
DISCOVER the offers of the province of Limburg.
EVENTS WITH INTERNATIONAL APPEAL
- 30-31 March: GP Valkenswaard, World Championship Motorcross, INFO
- 3-6 May: European Music Festival for Youth in Neerpelt, INFO
- 15-16 June: Image Lommel, internationally living images festival, INFO
- 4-6 August: MXGP Motorcross Lommel, INFO
- October: Snooker European Masters, INFO
SEE the events calendar of Lommel.